- ELAGSE9-10RL1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text. Georgia ELA
- ELAGSE9-10RL2 Determine a theme or central idea of text and closely analyze its development over the course of the text, including how it emerges and is shaped and refined by specific details; provide an objective summary of the text. Georgia ELA
- ELAGSE9-10RL3 Analyze how complex characters (e.g., those with multiple or conflicting motivations) develop over the course of a text, interact with other characters, and advance the plot or develop the theme. Georgia ELA
- ELAGSE9-10RL6 Analyze a particular point of view or cultural experience reflected in a work of literature from outside the United States, drawing on a wide reading of world literature. Georgia ELA
- ELAGSE9-10RL9 Analyze how an author draws on and transforms source material in a specific work (e.g., how Shakespeare treats a theme or topic from Ovid or the Bible or how a later author draws on a play by Shakespeare). Georgia ELA
Students will research a pre-colonial African culture and imagine how that culture would look today without the influence of imperialism.
Someone summarize what has happened in the movie so far for anyone who was absent 🙂 And we will finish the movie if we have any left!
Continue working on your writing projects today! You need to research your chosen culture before you can complete the rest of the packet, so I got the laptops for you to do that. After you have a good handle on your culture, move to imagining how it would look in 2020! Consider the following:
- What would the art, fashion, and architecture look like without any European influence?
- What sports would be popular? Soccer? Wrestling? Something else?
- What holidays would be celebrated? What about other important events like birthdays, weddings, and funerals?
Imagine how these things would be in modern day. Remember that just because colonialism never happened, it doesn’t mean your culture is completely cut off from the rest of the world. It’s up to you to decide how that looks in 2020 – do they have Starbucks? Or do they have their own favorite coffee chain? Be creative!
Turn in your Umuofia Forever project and have a great weekend!
Summative (writing project)
Scaffolding, varied lengths, learning styles, student choice